Craven Content is expanding and it’s time for you to meet the newest member of the team!
Meet the team
Hi, I’m Kate and I’m a local Perth content writer, sometimes copywriter, and an open ear to all Sami’s (founding word wizard) weird and wonderful ideas at Craven Content. You could say I’m content with writing content.
Want to know a little bit about me and why I do what I do? Find out with a Perth content writer, yours truly, down below.
10 facts about Kate
Want to get to know me? Here are 10 quick facts that shed light on who I am and what I’m all about.
1. Born under a full moon in July 1996, to me, nothing beats looking up at a full moon to put all my tangled thoughts and concerns into perspective. You should try it sometime, she’s spectacular!
2. I was born in Australia but have ancestral links to Ireland – the people, places, and landmarks hold such a sweet spot in my heart and soul.
3. My childhood was filled with hobbies that I enjoyed but never really ‘stuck’ to such as soccer, being a member of the Australian Youth Choir, dancing (tap and jazz), playing the guitar, a little pantomime acting here, and there and trying out the harmonica.
4. Just like the All-Star song by Smash Mouth, I too, have a shape of an L on my forehead from bouncing on my parent’s bed as a child, falling off, resulting in an impressive L-shaped scar.
5. My Myers-Briggs Personality Type is INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging) otherwise known as the Advocate.
6. I bought my first house in the midst of a global health pandemic. You know, in that split second where property prices were really low
7. My home houses 13 houseplants and two beautiful black rescue cats.
8. I’m a countryside lover – despite only ever living in the suburbs.
9. I drive and do housework to classical music.
10. I’m a vegan for ethical reasons, which has the potential to impact what I write about. However, I know Sami wouldn’t make me write about something that I wasn’t comfortable with. She’s a great boss like that!
Why I do what I do
I write better than I speak – trust me. My mind has the ability to run a million miles an hour whereas writing and typing give me the capacity to pause, reflect, backspace, and try again.
It’s not easy to go for a career in writing. I completed my bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing and Professional Writing & Publishing in 2017 and didn’t get paid work in the field until the end of 2019.
And I’m one of the lucky ones.
I tried my hand at Marketing studies but it’s all too analytical for my liking. After all, I quit maths in year 10, to which my maths teacher cupped her ear and said: “listen – do you hear that? That’s the sound of so many doors closing for you.” I still managed an ATAR over 90!
Storytelling comes naturally to me, and I love using descriptive imagery to evoke an image or emotion in readers’ minds.
Writing is emotional to me and if I’m not in the right headspace or I’m too mentally or emotionally drained, I simply cannot and will not write.
It’s so rewarding to help businesses find their way with words to gain more, return clients.
While website content and copywriting isn’t my forte (yet), and I currently focus on blogs, I relish in my work to inform, evoke emotion and inspire readers to trust in the business that I’m writing for.
Looking for a Perth content writer to be on your team?
Contact Craven Content today to get the story of your business told.